Re: The Secret Diaries of Roger Waters

From: Alexey I. Fuchs (c0654038_at_techst02.technion.ac.il)
Date: Thu 26 Nov 1998 - 12:25:57 IST

Dostatochno zlo, no smeshno.
Ya kogda-to chital nastoyaschiy dnevnik Frippa (vkladysh v box-set "The
Great Deceiver") - zdes' est' neskol'ko prikolov, vzyatyh ottuda,
naprimer, "ouiji board" (Frippu podarili kakie-to fany) i fat woman.
Ochen' sovetuyu pochitat'. Prikol'no, i napisano samim Frippom.

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Natanzon Ilya - Ryazansky wrote:

> Week One
>
> Monday
>
> Got up, had a bath. Thought that the water looked a dark colour
> - then realised I still had my aviator sunglasses on. Listened
> to the radio and felt a bit alienated. Wrote another concept
> album on video recorders as I realised I'd already done TV and
> radio. Had lunch and the postman turned up. A letter from mum
> reminding me that it's Uncle Bob's birthday next week. The
> power she still wields...will I never be free?? Beat my fists
> against the wall in anger and frustration for about 20 minutes.
> Decided to have a cup of tea. Milk had gone off. I detect the
> hand of David Gilmour in this.
>
> Tuesday
>
> Got up. Thought about the war and the market forces destroying
> the world for an hour or so. Felt a bit depressed so I
> decided to put on my black jeans, black T shirt, black casual
> jacket and aviators. Felt much better and decided to go out for
> some milk and card for Uncle Bob. Nearly got out the door before
> I realised I hadn't rolled up the sleeves of my casual
> jacket!! Narrow escape there.
>
> Wednesday
>
> Got up, suddenly realised that my father was dead and that
> no-one understood my alienation as a musical genius. Burnt down
> the new conservatory in an angst ridden rage. Man next door
> tried to engage me in conversation about someone called
> "Gazza" before I torched his too. He is a pleb and I am an
> artist. He was leaning on the fence watching me. I feel there might
> be a large scale concept piece in this about the gulf between
> the artsists and the philistine masses. Couldn't think of a physical
> symbol to hang the work around and snagged my casual jacket on a
> nail sticking out of the fence. Asked the pleb if he had
> seen a man answering David Gilmours description hammering the
> nail in but he'd obviously paid the pleb off.
>
> Thursday
>
> Got up, message from Dave on the ansaphone asking me to get back
> together with the band again. Rang Eric Clapton and
> asked him to send Dave's wife some flowers thanking her for the
> wonderful nights they spent together. That should fuck him
> up. Felt so good I came up with a great lateral thinking idea on
> the new album - The Fence!! I could stage it at the
> whitehouse, or even the moon!! Thought I should probably play
> myself, but who for Mum and Uncle Bob?? Sinead? Van?
> Madonna? Phoned Bob Geldof to see if he wanted to get involved.
> He told me to "fook off". Felt bad, nearly wrote another
> album but decided to forgive Bob and went round to join him and
> we both beat our fists against the wall for a couple of hours.
>
> Friday
>
> Got up, then went back to bed as I couldn't face the day - can't
> anyone else see our lives are revolving around TV?? For
> god's sake, it should be my musical genius it revolves around!!
> Mum rang at night tosee if I was OK. She came round with
> [...]

----
Russian Rock in Israel mailing list home page can be found at
http://www.tarunz.org/~vassilii/ru-rock-in-il/